San Diego Certificate of Rehabilitation Lawyer
At San Diego Expungement Attorney Group, our Certificate of Rehabilitation attorneys in San Diego understand how difficult it can be for a convicted felon who isn’t eligible for an expungement but wants to make a fresh start. We also understand how challenging it can be to convince a court that you are a positive member of society and therefore, should be granted a Certificate of Rehabilitation.
If you or a loved one served time in state prison or were convicted of a sex crime, you may be able to file a petition for a Certificate of Rehabilitation. What is a Certificate of Rehabilitation? A Certificate of Rehabilitation is designed to restore some of the legal rights forfeited at the time of conviction. Although a Certificate of Rehabilitation will not erase your conviction, it can show that you have put your criminal past behind you and you are now a valued, constructive member of society.
How We Can Assist You
Our experienced Certificate of Rehabilitation lawyers in San Diego at San Diego Expungement Attorney Group will fight tirelessly to persuade the courts to grant you this important and official endorsement. If hired to represent you, we will craft a strong argument on your behalf and handle all necessary paperwork and negotiations. With us on your side, you can feel confident that you will get the results you need for a better future.
The Benefits of a Certificate of Rehabilitation
In addition to sending a positive message to friends, family members, potential employers, and other special people in your life that you have take the necessary steps to change and put your past behind you, a Certificate of Rehabilitation will:
- Make getting a job, leasing an apartment or qualifying for a house much easier.
- Help others to view you as a productive and contributing member of the community.
- Make it easier for you when applying for various types of state licenses.
- Automatically place you in the application process for a pardon from the governor.
Do You Qualify?
You may be eligible to file a petition for a Certificate of Rehabilitation if:
- You were convicted of a felony and served your sentence in state prison prior to May 13, 1943.
- You were convicted of a felony and have lived in the State of California three years prior to filing for rehabilitation (and have not been in prison since being released).
- You were convicted of a felony or misdemeanor sex offense that was later expunged and you were discharged from custody or parole.
- You were convicted of a felony or misdemeanor sex offense and have not been incarcerated in any jail, penal institution or agency since being released.
- You were convicted of a felony or misdemeanor sex offense and have lived in California for five years prior to filing.
- You were convicted of a felony prior to May 13, 1943 and were sentenced to state prison, were discharged from parole, and have resided in California for five years before filing a petition.
- You have been living a clean, sober, and productive life since being released.
If you are unsure if you qualify, please do not wait to contact one of our skilled lawyers. We can determine your eligibility to file a petition and tell you how our years of aggressive litigation can be used to your advantage when petitioning the courts. Even if you think you are not eligible, please call our firm today to discuss your situation. We may be able to help you put the pieces of your life back together.
Put the Past Behind You
The sooner you contact our law firm, the faster we can file your petition. Usually, a Certificate of Rehabilitation takes between two to six months to process. Please keep in mind; no two cases are the same. The time it takes to get your case before a court may vary from the average. Call now at (619) 821-8171 to speak one on one with an ethical Certificate of Rehabilitation attorney in San Diego at San Diego Expungement Attorney Group. It’s time to put the past behind you for good.